Privacy & Disclosures
Maui Federal Credit Union values your trust and confidence, no matter how you are interacting with us. Respecting and maintaining your online privacy and the security of your personal information is very important to us. We are committed to protecting the information of members and visitors who use our website.
In conjunction with our Online Privacy Notice you should also refer to our:
- Privacy Notice
- Social Media Public Use Policy
Maui Federal Credit Union uses encryption technologies such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to protect information you submit on our website.
Cookies are pieces of data stored directly on the device you are using when you visit our website. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, date and time spent on our website, and pages visited. We use the information to display information more effectively, to personalize and enrich your experience while visiting the website, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online services. We also gather statistical information about the usage of the website in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements, to understand how visitors use the website, and to assist us with resolving website questions. You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the website and some online services. For example, we may not be able to recognize your device and you may need to answer challenge questions each time you log on. You also may not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs.
Information Gathered Online
As with information we collect through other means, we use the information you provide online to respond to your needs, service your accounts and provide you information about other services.
Protecting Your Information, Confidentiality, and Security
We protect information we collect about you by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. These safeguards restrict access to your confidential information to only authorized personnel with specific need to access and utilize your information. We train our employees on how to handle your information to maintain confidentiality and privacy. To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures which include computer and system safeguards and secured files and buildings.
Making Sure Your Information is Accurate
Keeping your Maui Federal Credit Union account information up to date is very important. If your account information is inaccurate, incomplete, or not current, you can update it by sending us a secure email through our Online Banking Service (you must be registered) with your updated information. You can also update your information by calling us at (808) 873-5050, by writing to us at Maui Federal Credit Union, 107 East Wakea Avenue, Kahului, HI 96732, or by visiting our branch.
Links to Other Websites
We may provide links to other websites. While we attempt to monitor these sites to maintain our high standards, we offer these links only as a convenience to our members. We do not control any of these sites and are not responsible for the privacy or security in these sites. If you choose to link to one of these sites, we strongly suggest that you review their privacy statement and other terms, as they may be different from our website.
|FACTS||WHAT DOES MAUI FEDERAL CREDIT UNION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?|
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
|How?||All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Maui Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Maui Federal Credit Union Share?||Can you limit sharing?|
|For our everyday business purpose--such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or to report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes--to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purpose--information about your transactions and experiences||No||We do not share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purpose--information about your creditworthiness||No||We do not share|
|For our affiliates to market to you||No||We do not share|
|For our nonaffiliates to market to you||No||We do not share|
|Questions?||Call (808) 873-5050 or go to www.mauifcu.com|
|What We Do|
|How does Maui Federal Credit Union protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.|
|How does Maui Federal Credit Union collect my personal information?||We collect your personal information, for example, when you
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives you the right to limit only
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
|Nonaffiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
|Joint Marketing||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
We may collect information regarding your mobile device such as device settings, unique device identifiers, information about your location, and analytical information that may assist with diagnostics and performance. For your convenience, you may be asked to grant permission for access to your mobile device’s geolocation data. This information may be collected when you use certain services that are dependent on your mobile device’s location (such as the location of an ATM or in store transactions).
Last updated 1/2018
We Welcome Participation
We invite you to share experiences and contribute to conversations through social media. Social media works best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy and add value to the conversation. The following guidelines apply to any participation in social media sites maintained by Maui Federal Credit Union.
Maui Federal Credit Union social media is generally available to the public. Never post personal, private or confidential information such as your address, telephone number, account information or password. We are not responsible for anything that may occur if you post your personal, private or confidential information to a social media site. We will never ask you to provide this type of information through a public channel like social media. If you have any doubt about the confidentiality of certain information, please don’t post it. If you do include personally identifiable information in your comment, your comment or post may be deleted.
We reserve the right to remove posts and block posts which may be inappropriate and/or pose a security threat to our members. Anyone who repeatedly posts material that contain hateful, profane, harassing, threatening, obscene references, fraudulent or misleading comments, copyright violations, promoting illegal activities, other state/local/federal law violations or self-promotion/advertising, will be banned from participation.
We recommend that you be familiar with the privacy and security policies of the social media sites you use and understand how your information can be displayed and used throughout each site as well as other third party sites that may be linked.
Comment and Posting Guidelines
To ensure exchanges are constructive, relevant, appropriate, respectful of diverse viewpoints and lawful, we reserve the right to review any and all comments, and at our sole discretion delete comments that are but not limited to:
We will delete comments not related to the subject of the conversation. If you have an idea for a subject, would like to provide feedback, or would like a Maui Federal Credit Union employee to follow up with you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments focused on selling a product or service, or comments posted for a purpose of driving traffic to a particular website for personal, political, or monetary gain will be excluded.
If you disagree with the content, we ask that you refrain from personal attacks or being disrespectful. Malicious intent and/or participation not in the spirit of civil conversation will be deleted.
Posts that violate federal, state, and local laws that govern use of copyrights, trademarks, harassment and defamation, etc. will be removed.
Comments including, but not limited to, profane or provocative language will be deleted. Comments that contain threatening, hateful, offensive, derogatory, obscene or sexually explicit language will not be tolerated.
Private or Confidential Information
Please do not provide any of your specific account details or other personal information when posting comments. If you have immediate service needs, please contact us at (808) 873-5050, email@example.com or visit our office for assistance.
If you see inappropriate content please report it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
Infringement on any party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity or privacy is strictly prohibited and is your sole responsibility.
By submitting any content to our social media pages, you warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner of the content or that the copyright owner of the content has granted you permission to use such content consistent with the manner and purpose of your use.
Using our social media pages to distribute unauthorized copies of copyrighted material, including photos, artwork, text, recordings, designs, computer programs or derivative works of such programs is strictly prohibited and subject to removal.
Please note that any content submitted on Maui Federal Credit Union’s social media sites becomes the property of Maui Federal Credit Union. By posting comments, posts, tagged photos, videos, ideas, or any other content on our social media pages, you are granting Maui Federal Credit Union nonexclusive, worldwide unrestricted rights to republish, redistribute, or otherwise use this content for any purpose without consideration or payment. This includes, but is not limited to, marketing and advertising materials.
Maui Federal Credit Union has not reviewed all of the third-party sites linked to its social media sites, and is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for their contents. We may occasionally post links to third-party sites when we think you'll find the information helpful. However, please note that this does not in any way constitute an official endorsement of the site or company.
Maui Federal Credit Union does not endorse any comments made by its employees on any of its social media outlets, unless they are representatives authorized to comment on behalf of the credit union. Maui Federal Credit Union does not validate assertions, opinions or statements in the comments. All statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly those of the commenter alone, and do not constitute an official position of Maui Federal Credit Union, unless they are posted by the original author (who is an authorized representative of the credit union) or by a subject matter expert responding on behalf of that authorized representative.
Monitoring of the Maui Federal Credit Union social media channels will take place Monday through Friday (exception being granted for holidays). We make every effort to respond in a timely manner. However, we cannot guarantee that we'll reply to every comment. Our failure to respond to, or act on a comment, should not be seen as acceptance or an endorsement of that comment. Members requiring immediate assistance are always encouraged to first contact us at (808) 873-5050.
Maui Federal Credit Union Employees
If you are a Maui Federal Credit Union employee, you MUST disclose your employment status when you submit a comment or question; do not misrepresent yourself. Whether you are at home or in the office, working for Maui Federal Credit Union is a material fact that may influence content, and community members have a right to know you work for Maui Federal Credit Union. When commenting on the credit union, unless you are authorized to speak on behalf of Maui Federal Credit Union, you must state that the views expressed are your own. If we feel the nature of your comment is confidential, shares information not generally available, or recommends an action that could adversely affect our members, we reserve the right to not post your comment. This policy is not intended to interfere with employees’ legal rights under the National Labor Relations Act to engage in concerted, protected activities involving the terms and conditions of employment. Thank you for helping maintain the integrity of our community by disclosing your employment relationship.
Participants use Maui Federal Credit Union social media channels at their own risk and acknowledge that Maui Federal Credit Union cannot prevent every violation of this policy. Maui Federal Credit Union does not assume responsibility for any direct or consequential damages which may result from unauthorized or inappropriate posts.
Maui Federal Credit Union reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time at our sole discretion.
Last Updated: May 2022
Maui FCU Mobile App (the “App”) – powered by Fiserv – helps you control your credit and/or debit cards through your mobile device, making it easy to manage your finances on the go.The App allows you to:
- get real-time balances for your accounts
- manage your money
- view your transactions and statements
- make transfers
- pay your bills and manage billers
- deposit a check
- receive alerts
- manage cards
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT IN THE APP
Through your use of the Services, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- (a) Personal Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account.
- We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Services, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
- If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by us if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
- (b) Personal Information Collected from Third Parties. We may collect certain information from identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, in order to provide some of our Services.
- (c) Personal Information Collected Via Technology. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications, and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Services, we will collect location data when you use the Services even when the app is closed or not in use; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE APP
- (a) General Use. In general, we use your personal information collected through your use of the Services to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services, to provide you the Services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information, in connection with the App, in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account
- identify you as a legitimate user in our system
- provide improved administration of the Services
- provide the Services you request
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Services
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Services.
(b) Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims)
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate / deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
- (c) Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. The App may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in our discretion.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your personal information collected through your use of the Services as described below.
- (c) Authorities and Others. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, The App may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION You have several choices regarding use of information on the Services.
- (a) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not act in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
- (b) Access, Update, or Correct Your Information. You can access, update, or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. For additional requests, please contact us. Opting Out of Email or SMS Communications. If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included at the bottom of the email or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under "Contact Us" below. If you provide your phone number through the Services, we may send you notifications by SMS, such as provide a fraud alert. You may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the Services.
- (c) Opting Out of Location Tracking. If you initially consented to the collection of geo-location information through the Services, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to our collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the App.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN The Services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 18, and we do not, through the App, intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits personal information to us through the App and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.