CREDIT CARDS NOW AVAILABLE!
All of us at Maui Federal Credit Union would like to welcome you to the family! As a member, you have taken the first step toward financial success. We believe in helping you reach your many milestones in life from buying your new car or saving up for retirement. We can make it happen. Your success is defined by our success. We look forward to working together with you in achieving your financial goals in life.
Maui Federal Credit Union is committed to building financial relationships with members to enhance their future.
Inspire members to think of Maui Federal Credit Union first for financial services.
- 1938: 28 employees of Maui Pineapple Company, Ltd. petitioned to organize and establish a credit union for the employees of Maui Pineapple Company. The credit union was granted a federal charter as Maui Pine Federal Credit Union.
- 1997: Changed our name to Maui Land & Pine Federal Credit Union after Maui Pineapple Company, Ltd. became a subsidiary of Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. We wanted our name to be reflective of whom we served – the employees of our sponsor company, its parent company and subsidiaries.
- 2003: After evaluating whether our name still reflects the credit union we’ve grown to become, we determined “Maui Land & Pine Federal Credit Union” did not tell the entire story. While the majority of our membership was from Maui Land & Pineapple Company, Inc. and its subsidiaries, it was not representative of the expanding diversity of our membership and so our name was changed to Maui Federal Credit Union. 2003 also marked the year in which we relocated to our brand new building here at 107 East Wakea Avenue in Kahului.
- 2013: The credit union obtained a community charter expansion. This charter allowed the credit union to provide financial services to anyone who lives or works on the island of Maui, giving all residents of Maui the opportunity to take advantage of the great benefits of membership.
- 2014: At the request of the leadership at Kula Community Federal Credit Union, we merged and welcomed the members of Kula Community Federal Credit Union to our credit union family.
- 2018 & Beyond: Our goal since our inception remains unchanged...committed to helping our members enhance their financial future with quality products, affordable rates and unbeatable personal service that members deserve. Maui Federal Credit Union has grown from a vision of a few to a reality of thousands. We are proud of our growth and our history but, most importantly, our future!
Your deposits at Maui Federal Credit Union are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the Federal Government.
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) are separately insured up to $250,000
- Funds in a trust account are separately insured up to $250,000
- You may be able to increase the insurance coverage on your accounts if you have different ownership interests or rights in different types of accounts.
For a detailed explanation of your insurance coverage, visit www.mycreditunion.gov for more information.
The Credit Union Difference
Maui Federal Credit Union is different compared to traditional banks. Banks operate for the stockholders benefit whereas credit unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives operating for the benefit of its members. At Maui Federal Credit Union, we are owned by you and working for you to give you greater control of your financial future. That means better rates, lower fees and money that works for you, not someone else. Each member has equal ownership and one vote regardless of how much money a member has on deposit or how many accounts they have at the credit union.
We invite you to learn more about joining our credit union and experiencing the benefits of Maui Federal Credit Union membership.
Become a member of our family. We are open to the community. All you have to do is live or work on the island of Maui. Once you join Maui Federal Credit Union, your membership is good for life regardless where you live or work, as long as you maintain your accounts in good standing.
Membership in Maui Federal Credit Union is open to:
- People who live or work on the island of Maui.
- Immediate family members and household members of members or qualifying members.
Immediate family members are defined as grandparents, parents, step-parents, siblings, step-siblings, children, adopted children, step-children and grandchildren who reside in Hawaii.
Household members are defined as persons living in the same residence and who maintain a single economic unit including any person who is a permanent member of and participates in the maintenance of the household.
Immediate family members and household members are allowed to join the credit union even if the qualifying individual is not a member, provided the qualifying individual lives and works on the island of Maui.
We would love to have you as a member! Join Maui Federal Credit Union and start getting more with your money today.
Share The Benefits Of Membership
Being a Maui Federal Credit Union member doesn’t just mean you have access to great rates and benefits. It also means that you can share the same great benefits with the people in your life. As members, your family and friends will experience the same great benefits of credit union membership you already enjoy. They, too, will benefit from low rates on loans, high dividends on savings and certificates, and excellent member service. Tell the people in your life about the advantages of membership at Maui Federal Credit Union and encourage them to join today.